I’ve been seriously considering leaving the company that I’ve worked for the last 12 years. It’s a tough decision especially having to balance between your gut feeling and your analytical side.
Below are great tips for career success. I hope you will find it helpful as I have.
10 Tips for Career Success
By Alvah Parker
- Find ways to learn continuously.
- Find ways to improve whatever you do. Be willing to incorporate the new ideas that you learn in #1.
- Do your work completely and with pride.
- Be true to your own values.
- Clear up those irritations (energy drains) so that you can devote your energy to your work.
- Practice self-care so that you feel good about yourself.
- Keep work in perspective so that you have time for other parts of your life (family, friends, hobbies, volunteer work).
- Listen carefully to everyone. Managers need to walk around and talk to employees and customers.
- Network within your company and outside.
- Delegate tasks when appropriate and empwer those doing the work to do it their own way.